The Rio Grande Valley Dermatology Residency Program offers elective clinical rotations to students who have completed their core clinical rotations and are in their final year of medical school. A maximum of a four-week rotation maybe scheduled up to three months in advance. An elective rotation is also available for residents in the Corpus Christi Medical Center Residency Programs and the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine Residency Programs (UTRGV).
Affiliation agreements also exist for the Nurse Practitioner Program students and Physician Assistant Program student of UTRGV to participate in an elective rotation.
The following are requirements for ALL visiting students:
- Malpractice Insurance – Proof must be submitted. Most medical schools will provide a certificate of insurance. If your school does not provide malpractice insurance for you on “away” electives, please be sure to provide proof of your own insurance.
- Health Insurance – Proof of health insurance must be provided with the application form.
- Immunizations – Must be up to date.
- Medical/Residency/PA/NP School Approval – Must be in the final year, in good academic standing and meet all requirements to complete an elective for academic credit.
- Copy of your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please email all information to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration